Join Our Team
Posting Title: Baker/Baking Assistant
ABOUT THREE BABES BAKESHOP: Three Babes Bakeshop is a San Francisco bakery known for our pies and pastries, which are made by hand using seasonal, organic ingredients from Northern California and Central Valley farms. Our products are available seven days a week for pickup at our shop and delivery anywhere in San Francisco. We also sell at the Ferry Plaza Farmers Market every Saturday and ship some items nationwide.
We are seeking Baking Assistants to make delicious and beautiful baked goods. Using the processes we’ve set forth, you will engage in learning the art and science of baking. As a member of our team you will produce and present the best products possible, honoring and protecting both the trust of our customers and the positive environment in which our team operates. The ideal candidate is a team player who has a love of baking, a strong interest in operations, and a desire to grow into a management role.
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
ROLES AVAILABLE: Baker/Baking Assistant
We are looking for committed, full-time staff.
Hiring for 7 days/week; shift options include 4:30am-1pm, 8am-4:30pm; minimum of one weekend day required
Our bakers are responsible for working as a team to produce the world's best pies, on time, under budget, and at scale while maintaining a positive, transparent, and cooperative environment. As a Baking Assistant, you will build good habits and learn to use our systems and processes to quickly and efficiently make products of superior quality. You will work under the guidance of the Baking Operations Manager and kitchen managers at first, with the goal of becoming more and more proficient and independent. Regular tasks include making and sheeting pie crust, making graham cracker crusts, processing a lot of fruit, mixing custards, and baking and boxing lots of pies!
You love baked goods, people and teamwork. You are excited to build a deep understanding of our processes, our product, and our team dynamic. You enjoy working in an active setting and are willing to engage in physical work for an entire workday. You are open to the fact that you will not be perfect, and understand that maintaining a transparent and accountable environment is the way we help people grow and improve. You are excited by the challenge of building a sustainable business that produces some of the world’s very best pies. You like working hard and are engaged in the pursuit of excellence. You are interested in building a strong basis of institutional knowledge and have a desire to grow into organizational or operational leadership. You are a confident critical thinker who demonstrates flexibility and is able to problem solve under pressure. You have a leadership mentality, and feel a strong sense of responsibility, initiative, accountability, and willingness to continuously learn.
- A love for baking: No professional baking experience is necessary, but you must be comfortable working on a team and giving and receiving feedback.
- Attention to detail: You must possess a strong attention to detail and be able to follow directions.
- Basic math skills: You must be able to use a calculator to do basic division, multiplication, addition, and subtraction.
- Ability to read and write in English: our recipes are all written in English, and every employee must use Slack to communicate with each other as a team.
- Physical Requirements: You will be required to stand for the entire time you are working on production, and lift 25 to 50 lbs on a regular basis. Excellent personal hygiene is also required.
- Sense of urgency: You must work with speed. You will be working at first to learn the basic skills required to make our products, and within a few weeks you should be well on your way to achieving the timing and efficiency expectations we set forth.
- Clear Communicator: Three Babes has a positive and collaborative culture, and you must be able to resolve problems, accept feedback, and communicate openly, clearly, and honestly in a positive way while remaining effective.
- Self-starter: Many of the systems & processes that we need have yet to be built. Our ideal candidate has no problem rolling up their sleeves and pitching in. We're looking for someone who's flexible, nimble, doesn't have an ego and is ok with getting their hands dirty. Patience, resourcefulness, a positive attitude, and sense of humor are a must!
- Basic Professionalism: Time management, effective communication, enthusiasm, accountability, consistency, and appropriate attire are all required.
- Responsible Driver: All sales staff are required to have a valid California Driver's License and be able to drive the company van, a Ford Transit Connect.
- Not required but desired: personal vehicle for making deliveries. We reimburse for gas/mileage.
Passion for food and baking. Knowledge of Google suite, Airtable, and previous customer service experience is a plus!
This position is PAID: hourly, starting at $17.00/hr or more depending on experience.
Benefits offered include health insurance (including vision and dental), 401k matching, paid time off (including jury duty, bereavement, and family leave). Perks include free classes, discounted pies, staff snacks and activities!
Apply below. Please include references in your application.